New release with basic blogging support.
Now updated to include robust featured blogging engine and other system wide improvements and features. This includes configurable date based blog post URLs, blog post content association with categories and tags, assignment/customization of category and tag URL patterns, simple blog post feedback collection and review, blog post pagination/indexes, designation of default blog page (required to make search, category links, or tag links function), URL date formatting patterns, RSS feed support for posts and pages, and import of content from WordPress XML export files (tested against versions 2.9, 3.0, and 3.4).
Other features also include date based release and retirement of content - allowing you to queue up content to appear or disappear from your site on a pre-arranged schedule, site timezone designation, ability to rename the administration folder, and site search. Enabling the use of master pages to provide re-use when designing site templates.
Product documentation for this version is included in the zip archive, or if you want individual files, visit the http://www.carrotware.com
If you are coming from earlier versions, make a precautionary backup of your existing website files and database. When installing the update, the database update engine will create the new schema items (if you are running with sufficient privileges). You should also compare the web.config in the download to the web.config that you have in use as there are a number of new entries and changes.
The admin folder is now /c3-admin/ rather than /manage/ so you can delete the old /manage/ folder and update the /bin/ folder and upload the /c3-admin/ folder if working with an existing site after updating the web.config .
Changes in this version:
- added common routine for parsing checkboxes attribute values to the general utilities class
- moved querystring parsing logic into general utilities library
- updated create scripts as they were incomplete
- minor improvements to site import routines
- minor cosmetic updates to account creation and logon
- added EnsureChildControls() to render methods
- added support so that widgets can support multiple menu options
- added ability to main content areas to edit either html or plain text
- refactor to move the general utilities into the cms controls zone
- went for a non postback mode of turning on/off the date based filter
- attempt at improving the designer behavior of the CarrotGridPaged control
- refactor to use new bind methodologies
- updated to use SQL min/max date in sql date queries
- tweaks of the widget adder - seperated out some of the wrapping logic
- refactor to include some new querystring parsing routines for common operations (guid ID from querystring, both std names and by providing paramters)
- added default sorting to the status change search results
- refactored out some direct DB access for user and site mgmt
- cleaned out some width and valign table/td elements, replaced with with style widths